|Gaurina-Međimurec, Nediljka, Prof. PhD.
Department of Mining and Metallurgy,
Member of the Academy (admitted 2002)
B.Sc. Petroleum Engineering (1980), Faculty of Mining, Geology and
Petroleum Engineering, University of Zagreb, M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering
(1986) from Faculty of Mining and Geology, University of Belgrade, Ph.D
Petroleum Engineering (1993), Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum
Engineering, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum
Engineering, Pierottijeva 6, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 5535825, fax: +385 1 4836074,
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary-General of the Academy (2017 – 2021)
Member of the Scientific Council of the Academy (2013 – 2017)
Drilling Technology, Drilling Fluids, Well Cementing, Workover and
1. Gaurina-Međimurec, N., Pašić, B., Simon, K. (2010): CO2 Underground Storage and Wellbore Integrity, Transport & Logistics, 8 (2010), 11-17.
2. Gaurina-Međimurec, N., Pašić, B. (2009): Aphron-Based Drilling Fluids: Solution for Low Pressure Reservoirs, The Mining-Geological-Petroleum Engineering Bulettin, Vol. 21, 65-72.
3. Gaurina-Međimurec, N. (2005): Casing Drilling Technology, The Mining-Geological-Petroleum Engineering Bulettin, Vol.17, 19-26.
4. Durn, G., Gaurina-Međimurec, N., Froschl, H., Meandžija, I., Veronek, B., Mesić, S. (2004): The Geochemical and Mineralogical Assessment of Lime Stabilized Waste from the Petroleum Industry in Croatia, Journal of Energy Resources Technology – Transaction of the ASME, 126, 112-118.
5 Gaurina-Međimurec, N. (1994): Mechanical Factors of Wellbore Instability, Nafta, Vol. 45 (3), Zagreb, 161-170.
6. Gaurina-Medjimurec, N. & Pasic, B. (2013): Risk Analysis for Prevention of Hazardous Situations in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, Chapter 2 – Risk Due Wellbore Instability, Chapter 3 – Risk Due Pipe Sticking, Chapter 4 – Lost Circulation, and Chapter 15 – CO2 Underground Storage and Wellbore Integrity, IGI Global, Hershey, November 2013, 296 p., ISBN 13: 9781466647770; EISBN 13: 9781466647787
Selected scientific projects:
1. Rock/Drilling Fluids Interactions Studies:195390-1395, Principal Investigator, project funded by the Ministry of science, education and sports, (2007-2013)
2. Optimizing Drill-in Fluids Selection: 0195041, Principal Investigator, project funded by the Ministry of science, education and sports, (2002-2006)
3. Development and Application of New Drilling and Completion Technologies, 195390-1397, Collaborator, project funded by the Ministry of science, education and sports, (2007-2013)
4. Development and Application of New Drilling and Completion Technologies”, 195-1951390-1397, Collaborator, project funded by the Ministry of science, education and sports (2000-2013)
5. The Expanded Use of Coiled Tubing in Drilling Operations, Collaborator, US-Croatian Joint Project, JF 163, (1995-1998)
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Reviewer in international scientific journals: International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology (IJOGCT), The Mining-Geological-Petroleum Engineering Bulletin, The Journal Tehnički vjesnik – Technical Gazette (TV-TG), Scientific Journal Nafta
Membership in the committee of international conferences:
ASME 2013 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2013), June 9-14, Nantes, France
International Conferences History of Mining in the Central Europe IRSE ’11 and IRSE ’09
Membership in science organizations and bodies:
Croatian Academy of Science and Art – Scientific Council for Oil (2000-2004. secretary of council board)
Croatian Academy of Engineering – HATZ
Society of Petroleum Engineers – SPE
Croatian Gas Association (HSUP)
Croatian Association of Petroleum Engineers and Geologist (HUNIG)