|Auf-Franić, Hildegard, Prof. PhD.
Department of Architecture and Urban Planning,
Emeritus of the Academy (admitted 1998)
B.Sc. Architecture (1965), M.Sc. Architecture (1979), Ph.D. Architecture, all from the Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Architecture, Kačićeva 26, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 4639263, +385 1 4639264, fax: +385 1 4828079,
Architecture, Buildings for Education
Member of the HATZ Scientific Council (2013 – 2017) (2017 – 2021)
1. Auf-Franić et al. (2008) KINDERGARTEN ARCHITECTURE IN ZAGREB 1990 – 2008,
Zagreb: Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb, Zagreb Architects’ Association
2. Auf-Franić et al. (2007) SPATIAL STUDY OF THE STUDENT CENTER OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREB, Zagreb: University of Zagreb.
3. Auf-Franić, H. i sur. (2004) ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS – Planning, programming and design, Zagreb : Golden marketing – Tehnička knjiga, Faculty of Architecture.
4. Auf-Franić, H. et al. (2003) SPATIAL PROGRAM OF THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IN RIJEKA, Zagreb: Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb.
5. Auf-Franić, H. et al. (2003.) KINDERGARTENS AND NURSERIES – programing, planning and design, Zagreb: Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb.
Selected scientific projects:
“Spatial configurations for realizing the Croatian National Educational Standard” (2006-2010)
“Parameters in Planning and Programming Facilities for Higher Education” (2002-2006)
“Architectural barriers in education buildings” (1997-2002)
“Spatial Optimisation in Educational Buildings” (1991-1994)
“Ecological problems of education spaces” (1985-1989)
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Dean 1997/1998/1999 i 1999/2000/2001
Rectoral candidate at the University of Zagreb 2001-2002
Doctoral studies program president at the Faculty of Architecture 2006-2012
Member of the Committee for Cultural Goods of the Republic of Croatia (2000-2003)
National Committee for Higher Education of the Republic of Croatia (2001-2003)
Committe for Architecture and Urban Planning (2001-2003)
National Committe for Culture of the Republic of Croatia (2001-2003)
President of the Croatian Architects Association 1993-1995, Honorary member since 2013
Awards and honours:
The Order of Danica Hrvatska for Science – Ruđer Bošković for her scientific contributions in 1998 and the Order of Danica Hrvatska for Culture – Marko Marulić for her artistic merit in 1999
Grand Prize of the 14th Zagreb Salon in 1979, the Croatian Architects Association annual award Viktor Kovačić in 1996
The national Vladimir Nazor annual award in architecture in 1996
The City of Zagreb award in 2006, the 47th Zagreb Salon prize in 2012 and the national Vladimir Nazor lifetime achievement award in 2013
Public recognition for contributions in the work of the Croatian Architects Association and the public promotion of architecture in 2008
Special recognition of the Croatian Chamber of Architects for her contributions to the development and promotion of the architectural profession in Croatia in 2009
She received the annual award of the Croatian Academy of Engineering “Rikard Podhorsky” in 2005
Lifetime achievement award „Power of Knowledge“ of the same Academy in 2013.