|Sućeska, Muhamed, PhD.
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Associate of the Academy (admitted 2002)
B.Sc. (1977), Military Academy, Zagreb, M.Sc. chemistry (1986), Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Ph.D. (1991), MilitaryAcademy, Zagreb
Institute for Shipbuilding, Avenija Većeslava Holjevca 20, 10000
Thermal Analysis, Chemistry and Physics of Explosion and Explosives, Thermal Analysis of Energetic Materials, Kinetics and Mechanism of Thermal Decomposition, Numerical Modeling of Combustion, Detonation and Thermal Initiation of Explosive Reactions
1. M. Sućeska, Evaluation of detonation energy from EXPLO5 computer code results, Propellants, Explos., Pyrotech. 28 (1999) 280-285.
2. M. Sućeska, A computer program based on finite difference method for studying thermal initiation of explosives, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., Vol. 68 (2002) 865-875.
3. M. Sućeska, M. Rajić, S. Matečić-Mušanić, S. Zeman, Z. Jalovy, Kinetics and heats of sublimation and evaporation of 1,3,3-trinitroazetidine (TNAZ), J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., Vol. 74 (2003) 853-886.
4. M. Sućeska, S. Matečić Mušanić, I.Fiamengo Houra, Kinetics and enthalpy of nitroglycerine evaporation from double base propellants by isothermal thermogravimetry, Thermochim. Acta 510 (2010) 9-16.
5. M. Suceska, H. G. Ang, H. Y. Chan, Study of the effect of covolumes in BKW equation of state on detonation properties of CHNO explosives, Propellants, Explos. Pyrotech. Vol. 35, (2012) 1-10.
Selected scientific projects:
1. Thermal analysis of explosive materials”, Ministry of Science, 1997-2002.
2. Research of thermal decomposition of explosive materials”, Ministry of Science, 2002-2006.
3. Thermal decomposition kinetics and thermal hazard assessment of energetic materials, Bilateral Chinese-Croatian project, 2005-2007
4. Research of ageing processes and life-time prediction of materials, Ministry of Science, Education and Sport, 2007-now.
5. Development of shape charges and procedures for precision blasting, Ministry of Science, 2004-2005.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Reviewer: Thermochim. Acta , J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., J. Hazard. Mater, Cent. Eur. J. Energ. Mater., J. Energ. Mater;
Invited lectures: Instytut Przemyslu Organicznego (IPO), Poland; Fraunhofer Institute of chemical technology (ICT), Germany; 2007 , TUBITAK-SAGE Institute, Turkey, 2006; Nanyang Technology University, Singapore, 2007; Ludwig Maximilians University (LMU), Germany, 2007; Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa, 2009; University of Cape Town, South Africa, 2009; The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), India, 2013.
Organizing and scientific committees: “Central and Eastern European Conference on TA&C”, Craiova, Romania (2011), Vilnius, Lithuania (2013); ”New trends in research of energetic materials”, Pardubice, Czech Republic, (2000-now); “Explosion, Shock Wave and Hypervelocity Phenomena”, Kumamoto, Japan (2004-now);
Editorial board and subject editor «Central European Journal of Energetic Materials» , Poland (2004-now); Editorial boards: “Global Journal of Analytical Chemistry, Simplex Academic Publisher, India (2009-now), “High-Energetic Materials”, Poland (2001-now)
Awards and honurs:
Croatian Annual Award for Science (1998)