|Šubarić, Drago, Prof. PhD.
Department of Bioprocess Engineering,
Member of the Academy (admitted 2009)
B.Sc. Food Engineering (1988), Faculty of Food Technology,
University of Osijek, M.Sc. Food Engineering (1994), Ph.D. Food
Engineering (1999), Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology,
University of Zagreb
University of Osijek, Faculty of Food Technology,
F. Kuhača 20, 31 000 Osijek
tel: +385 31 224300, +385 98 751111, fax: +385 31 207115
Deputy-Secretary of the HATZ Department of Bioprocess Engineering (2017 – 2021)
Deputy-Chairman of the HATZ Committee for Awards (2017 – 2021)
Deputy-Member of the HATZ Scientific Council (2013 – 2017)
Food Technology; Development and Improvement of Processes for Food Production; Improvement of Quality and Stability of Food Products; Rheological and Thermophysical Properties of Food
1. D. Šubarić, V. Piližota, T. Lovrić, R. Vuković, A. Erceg (2001): Effectivenes of some crown compounds on inhibition of polyphenoloxidase in model systems and in apple. Acta Alimentaria 30 (I) 81-87.
2. J. Babić, D Šubarić, Đ. Ackar, D. Kovacević, V. Piližota, M. Kopjar (2007): Preparation and characterization of acetylated tapioca starches. Deutsche Lebensmittel Rundschau 103 (12), 580-585.
3. M. Kopjar, V. Piližota, D. Šubarić, J. Babić 2009): Prevention of thermal degradation of red currant juice anthocyanins by phenolic compounds addition. Croatian Journal of Food Science and Technology. 1 (1), 24-30.
4. Đ. Ačkar, J. Babić, D. Šubarić, M. Kopjar, B. Miličević (2010): Isolation of starch from two wheat varieties and their modification with epichlorohydrin. Carbohydrate Polymers, 81 (1), 76-82.
5. D. Šubarić, Đ. Ačkar, J. Babić, N. Sakač, A. Jozinović (2013): Modification of wheat starch with succinic acid/acetic anhydride and azelaic acid/acetic anhydride mixtures I. Thermophysical and pasting properties. J. Food Sci Technol. ISSN: 00221155 DOI: 10.1007/s13197-012-0790-0.
1. Đ. Ačkar, D. Šubarić, A. Jozinović, J. Babić: Acetic acid in food industry. In: Acetic Acids: Chemical Properties, Production and Applications, Nova Science Publishers (2013).
2. Djurdjica Ačkar, Drago Šubarić, Jurislav Babić: Chapter 8 – Wheat Starch pp. 253-278. In: Wheat- Genetics,Crops and Food Production, NOVAPublishers (2011).
3. M. Jašić, R. Grujić, D. Šubarić, I. Stuhli: Procjena okolišnih rizika (str. 109-145). In: Održive tehnologije (ur. Zoltan Zavargo), Novi Sad (2013).
4. Jašić, M, Šubarić, D, Odobašić, A, Hadžimusić, V, Toroman, A, Alihodžić, D: Čuvanje voća i povrća u hladnjačama s kontroliranom atmosferom. Tuzla, 2010.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Dean of Faculty of Food Technology Osijek, 2008 – 2014.
Manager of post-diplomatic PhD study Food Engineering of Faculty of Food Technology Osijek, 2002. – 2008.
Chairman of Scientific and Organizing Committee of International Congress XIII. Ružička days, Vukovar, 2010.
Chairman of Scientific and Organizing Committee of International Congress XV. Ružička days, Vukovar, 2014.
Awards and honors:
Annual award of Croatian Academy of Engineering Rikard Podhorsky 2012.
Annual national award for popularization and promotion of science 2010.
Seal of City of Osijek for significant achievements in science 2010.
Acknowledgment of NERD (Northeast Regional Development Association) for contribution in development of economical region Northeast Bosnia and Herzegovina.