|Srbljić, Siniša, Prof. PhD.
Department of Information Systems,
Member of the Academy (admitted 1998)
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (1981), M.Sc. Electrical Engineering (1985), Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (1990), all from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Unska 3, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 6129954, +385 1 6129999, fax: +385 1 6129653,
Member of the HATZ Committee of Science Foundation (2017 – 2021)
Consumer Web computing, Widget/Service-oriented programming, Theory of computing, Programming language translation, Network middleware systems
1. S. Srbljic, Z.G. Vranesic, M. Stumm and L. Budin: “Analytical Prediction of Performance for Cache Coherence Protocols“, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 46, No. 11, November 1997, pp. 1155-1173.
2. M. Silic, G. Delac, I. Krka, S. Srbljic: “Scalable and Accurate Prediction of Availability of Atomic Web Services”¸ IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. (accepted for publishing in 2013).
3. D. Skvorc, I. Zuzak, S. Srbljic: “Formal Model for Data Dependency Analysis between Controls and Actions of a Graphical User Interface”, S. Journal: Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2012, Vol. 12, No 1, pp. 63-70
4. S. Srbljic, D. Skvorc, M. Popovic: “Programming Languages for End-User Personalization of Cyber-Physical Systems”, AUTOMATIKA, Vol. 53, 2012, No. 3, pp. 294–310.
5. S. Srbljic, D.Skvorc, D.Skrobo: “Programming Language Design for Event-Driven Service Composition“, AUTOMATIKA, Vol. 51, 2010, No. 4, pp. 374–386.
6. Two textbooks: “Introduction to the Theory of Computation” and “Programming Language Translation”, University of Zagreb, 2007
7. Two USA, EU, and Japan patents: “6,154,811 – Scalable network object caching”, 2000, and ” 5,933,849 – Scalable Distributed Caching System and Method”, 1999
Selected scientific projects:
1. “Computing Environments for Ubiquitous Distributed Systems”, scientific project, MZOS, 2007-2013
2. “Distributed Systems, Methods, and Applications”, scientific program , MZOS, 2007-2013
3. “End-User Tool for Gadget Composition” and ” Unified Translation Memory”, Google Research Award Grants, Google Inc., 2008-2010
4. “Futurewei University Mobile Program – eBump”, Center for Innovations, Futurewei Technologies, Inc., HUAWEI US R&D Center, Santa Clara, USA, 2011
5. “Wrapper of Public Information System Mediator”, part of national technology poly-project Cro-Grid, MZOS, 2003-2007
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
International academic research experience (University of Toronto, Canada, from 1993 to 1995, and University of California, Irvine, USA, 2000, 2008/2009) and Silicon Valley corporate research experience (AT&T Labs, San Jose, 1995-1996, summers 1997-1999, GlobalLogic Inc, San Jose, USA, contract with Center for Innovations, Corporate Research US Huawei, Santa Clara, USA, 2011)
He was one of the major contributors in development of the UofT NUMAChine multiprocessor in 1993, one of the first ten members of AT&T Labs GeoPlex team where Cloud computing was born in 1995, and founder of the Consumer Computing Lab in 2006.
More than 25 talks, seminars, and colloquiums: Stanford University, UC Berkeley, University of Toronto, Santa Clara University, UC Irvine, University of Southern California, Naval Postgraduate School, UC Santa Cruz, Google Inc. (Mountain View), Intel Corporation (Santa Clara), AT&T Labs (San Jose), Microtec (A Mentor Graphics Company, San Jose), NOAA (Pacific Grove)