| Šimić, Zdenko, Prof. PhD.
Department of Power Systems
Associate of the Academy (admitted 2012)
Energy resources; Renewable energy sources characterisation; Nuclear energy; Reliability; Risk
1. Simic, Zdenko. “Making better use of operational experience for nuclear power plants safety.” In EUROCON, 2013 IEEE, pp. 1561-1562. IEEE, 2013.
2. Simic, Zdenko, Juraj George Havelka, and Maja Bozicevic Vrhovcak. “Small wind turbines–A unique segment of the wind power market.” Renewable Energy 50 (2013): 1027-1036.
3. Petrović, Igor, Zdenko Šimić, and Mario Vražić. “Comparison of PV plant energy generation prediction tools with measured data.” Przegląd elektrotechniczny. 89 (2013) , 6; 121-124.
4. Pašičko, Robert, Čedo Branković, and Zdenko Šimić. “Assessment of climate change impacts on energy generation from renewable sources in Croatia.” Renewable Energy 46 (2012): 224-231.
5. Simic, Z., I. Vrbanic, and I. Vukovic. “Prediction of time dependent standby failure rates for periodically tested components taking into account the operational history.” Kerntechnik 74, no. 5-6 (2009): 273-279.
6. V. Mikuličić, Z. Šimić, “Reliability, availability, and risk models for electrical power system”, (in Croatian) Zagreb, 2008. (University textbook)
Selected scientific projects:
International project: SfP-983805 “Emergent phenomena testbed simulator for improving SCADA performance in power system security management”, NATO Science for Peace 2010-2013. Partner Politecnoco di Milano, 2011-2013
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Visiting scientist at the EuropeanCommissionJointResearchCenter – Institute for Energy and Transport (EC JRC-IET) Petten, The Netherlands, 2012-2014
Member of the IEEE Nuclear Power Engineering Committee, 2012-2013
President of the Croatian Nuclear Society, 2010-2012
President of the IEEE Power Energy Society Chapter, Croatian Section, 2007-2011