|Salopek, Branko, Prof. PhD.
Department of Mining and Metallurgy,
Emeritus of the Academy (admitted 2002)
B.Sc. mining engineering (1968) from Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, University of Zagreb, M.Sc. (1979), Ph.D. (1982) Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, University of Ljubljana
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, Pierottijeva 6, 10000 Zagreb
tel:+385 1 5535888, fax: +385 1 5535860,
e-mail: Branko.Salopek@hatz.hr, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary of the Department of Mining and Metallurgy of the Academy (2005– 2009, 2009 – 2013)
Mineral Processing Technology, Recycling of Solid Waste Materials, Environmental Protection
1. Salopek, B.: Reclamation of quarries and gravel-pits producing construction aggregats. 4th Int. Symp. on Environmental Issues and Waste Management in Energy and Mineral Production, Cagliari, 1996, Vol. I, 696-702.
2. Salopek, B., Sobota, I., Bedeković, G.: Vertical Impact Crushers in High-grade Chippings production. Mine Planing and Equipment Selection, New Delhi, 2001, 3-10.
3. Salopek B., Bedeković G., SobotaI.: The Comminution of Solid Waste. Annual 2005 of the Croatian Academy of Engineering, Zagreb, 2005.pp. 139-150.
4. Sobota, I., Salopek, B., Bedeković, G.: Silica sand production in Croatia. Proceedings of 16th International Symposium on Mine Planning and Equipment Selection, Bangkok, 2007. pp. 1023-1038.
5. Rumenjak, D., Salopek, B., Rajković, D.: Some solution for fuzzy approximate reasoning in sustainable development decision-making and monitoring phase using environmental indicators. 1st International Conference on Indicators for Land Rehabilitation and Sustainable Development, Beijing, 2008. pp. 330-338.
Selected scientific projects:
1. „Separation of two-phase systems using attrion and column flotation“, Project 0195039, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, The Republic of Croatia, 2001/06.
2. „Beneficiation of quartz sand and the impact assessment on the environment“ Project 1951825-1301, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, The Republic of Croatia, 2007/13.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Member of the International Symposium Committee „Mine Planing and Equipment Selection“, 2002/11. and „The Balkan Mineral Processing Conference“, 2003/11.
Awards and honors:
Award of The Croatian Academy of Engineering, „Rikard Podhorsky“, 2010