|Lipovac, Vladimir, Prof. PhD.
Department of Communication Systems,
Member of the Academy (admitted 2004)
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (1976), M.Sc. Electrical Engineering (1984), Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Sarajevo, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (1989), Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade
University of Dubrovnik, Ćira Carića 4, 20000 Dubrovnik
tel: +385 20 445748, fax: +385 20 435590,
Mobile Radio Communications, Microwave Communication Systems, Communications Theory, Computer Networks and Protocols, Test and Measurement in Communication Systems
1. Lipovac, Vladimir; Majer, Vladimir; Batoš, Vedran. Integrated Dual-Display-Based 3G Mobile Phone / Wireless Terminal. // Wireless personal communications. 61 (2010) , 1; 179-188 (article, scientific).
2. Lipovac, Vladimir. Impact of Transmitter and Receiver Filtering on the Phase and Error Floor of MSK Signal Indoor Transmission. // European Transactions on Telecommunications. 15 (2004) , 1; 49-54 (letter, scientific).
3. Lipovac, Vladimir. On the Error Floor of MSK Signal Transmission over a Multipath Channel with Small Time Dispersion. // IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 49 (2000) , 1; 117-129 (article, scientific).
4. Lipovac, Vladimir. Zero-Crossing-Based Linear Prediction for Speech Recognition. // Electronics Letters. 25 (1989), 2; 90-92 (article, scientific).
5. Lipovac, Vladimir. Efficient Zero-Crossing-Based Autoregressive Feature Extraction for Speech Recognition. // Alta Frequenza. 57 (1988) , 8; 501-504 (article, scientific).
6. Lipovac, Vladimir. Basics of Microwave Communicat: Components and Applicationse / Milković, Mateo (ed.). Dubrovnik : University of Dubrovnik, 200
7. Lipovac, Vladimir. Residual BER of a Mobile Radio Channel with Small Time Dispersion
Sarajevo : Faculty of Electrical Engineering, 2005
Selected scientific projects:
1. Integral Quality of Service of Communications and Information Systems, scientific project no. 275-0000000-3260 of the Ministry of Science, Education and Sport (project) of the Republic of Croatia, 2009-2013
2. 3G mobile phone—terminal with two-part VGA display, technology project TP-05/0275-01, Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of the Republic of Croatia, 2005-2006
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Positions held at the University of Dubrovnik:
2008- Vice Rector (Technology and R&D; International Relations; International Relations and Science)
Keynote speaker: Practical Consistency between Bit-Error and Block-Error Performance Metrics up to Application Layer QoS // Proceedings of the Global Wireless Summit 2013 – WPMC 2013. 2013. (plenary/keynote lecture,international peer-review,published,scientific).