Governing Board of the Academy
Precis from the HATZ Statute
The Governing Board of the Academy consists of the President, two Vice-Presidents, the Secretary-General and Former President of the Academy. The mandate of the Governing Board lasts 4 years. The mandate of the Governing Board lasts as long as the function they perform in the Academy and on the basis of which they have become members of the Governing Board.
In the case that the mandate of a member of the Governing Board ceases earlier, the Assembly elects a new member on the proposal by the president of the Academy and his/her mandate lasts to the end of the mandate of the member substituted. On the proposal by the president of the Academy the Presidency may appoint an acting member of the Governing Board from among the members of the Academy.
In the case of an earlier termination of the mandate of the president of the Academy the vice-president appointed by the Presidency acts on his behalf.
The Governing Board is convened by the President of the Academy. The Governing Board makes decisions at the meetings. The decision is valid if the majority of the members of the Governing Board attends the meeting and if the decision is adopted by the majority of the members in attendance. Voting at the Governing Board is public.
The Governing Board administers the following:
- prepares and organizes the Assembly
- carries out the resolutions of the Assembly
- manages the work of the Academy between two Assemblies
- controls the Academy operations
- prepares draft decisions for the Presidency
- addresses current issues in the field of activities of the Academy
- monitors the execution of financial plans and programs of the Academy
- approves payments and fees for the execution of certain tasks and duties in accordance with the Regulations on the Acquisition and Allocation of Income of the Professional Services of the Academy
- decides on the participation of the Academy in the sponsorship of events, meetings and other activities from the scope of the Academy based on the opinions of relevant Departments.
HATZ GOVERNING BOARD 2017-2021
- Prof. Vladimir Andročec, PhD, HATZ President
- Prof. Zdravko Terze, PhD, HATZ Vice-President, HATZ Scientific Council President
- Prof. Dubravko Rogale, PhD, HATZ Vice-President, in charge of HATZ Departments and Treasury
- Prof. Nediljka Gaurina-Međimurec, HATZ Secretary-General, financial executor
- Prof. Slavko Krajcar, PhD, HATZ Governing Board Member, in charge of HATZ Standing Committees, Centres, and the Science Foundation