|Zelenika Saša Prof. D.Sc.
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture
Member of the Academy (admitted 2012)
M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (1991), University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, D.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (1996), Polytechnic University of Turin
Full Professor with Tenure (Scientific Adviser) at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering & Centre for Micro and Nano Sciences and Technologies, Vukovarska 58, 51000 Rijeka
tel: +385 51 651538, fax: +385 51 651416
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; http://email@example.com
Precision Engineering, Microsystems Technologies, Compliant Mechanisms, Energy Scavenging, Measurement Techniques and Machine Elements
1. De Bona, Francesco; Zelenika, Saša; Munteanu, Mircea Gheorgie. Mechanical properties of microcantilevers: Influence of the anticlastic effect. // Sensors and actuators. A. 165/2 (2011), 431-438.
2. Benasciutti, Denis; Moro, Luciano; Zelenika, Saša; Brusa, Eugenio. Vibration energy scavenging via piezoelectric bimorphs of optimized shapes. // Microsystem technologies. 16/5 (2010), 657-668.
3. Zelenika, Saša; Munteanu, Mircea Gh., De Bona, Francesco. Optimized flexural hinge shapes for microsystems and high precision applications. // Mechanism and Machine Theory. 44/10 (2009), 1826-1839.
4. Zelenika, Saša; De Bona, Francesco. Analytical and experimental characterisation of high-precision flexural pivots subjected to lateral loads. // Precision Engineering – Journal of the International Societies for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology. 26/4 (2002), 381-388.
5. De Bona, Francesco; Zelenika, Saša. A generalized Elastica-type approach to the analysis of large displacements of spring-strips. // Proceedings of the institution of mechanical engineers part c-journal of mechanical engineering science. 211/7 (1997), 509-517.
Selected scientific projects:
1. GOLDFISH – Detection of Watercourse Contamination in Developing countries using Sensor Networks – Enlarged, EU FP7 project, leader of the RITEH project partner (2013 – 2015).
2. Ultra-high precision compliant devices for micro and nanotechnology applications, Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, principal investigator (2007 – 2014).
3. Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Compliant Mechanisms for Micro-and Nanotechnological Applications, Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Science – with University of Udine, Italy, researcher (2005 – 2009).
4. Frontier, EU FP project, researcher (1997 – 1998).
5. Microfabrication with Synchrotron Radiation, EU FP project, researcher (1993 – 1995).
Deputy Minister (previously: Assistant Minister for science and technology) at the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Government of Croatia, Zagreb, Croatia (2012 – 2014).
Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering Design (2008 – 2010), Dean’s Assistant (2007 – 2008) and Head of the Precision Engineering Laboratory (2004 ->) at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Rijeka, Croatia.
Head of Centre for Micro and Nano Sciences and Technologies at the University of Rijeka, Croatia (2010 – 2011).
Guest Professor at the University of Udine, Italy (2005 – 2009).
Member of the Council of the European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology (EUSPEN) (2010 – 2011).
Member of the Council for the National Innovating System of the Government of Croatia (2008).
Author of more than 110 scientific and professional publications, 2 textbooks, 2 patents, 11 other publications, more than 55 scientific broadening newspaper articles, more than 35 broadening talks and 18 scientific broadening radio shows.
Member of International Program and/or Organising Committees of 15 scientific conferences.
Associate editor of the CC/SCI scientific journal Precision Engineering (2011 ->). Peer Reviewer for CC/SCI journals Review of Scientific Instruments, Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Precision Engineering,Measurement, Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines and Mechanism and Machine Theory.
Awards and honours:
Best innovation in the Primorsko-Goranska County for the year 2013 (co-authorship of the innovation with D. Blažević and E. Kamenar).
Best Paper – Best Oral Presentation Award on the 15th Int. DAAAM Sym., Vienna, Austria (2004).