Professor, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering
Year of birth: 1973
HATZ affiliation: Associate, Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, 2017 –
Year and institution of obtaining PhD: 2004., Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Affiliation: University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, Vukovarska 58, HR-51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Phone: +385 51 651 558
Fax: +385 51 651 416
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal web page: https://portal.uniri.hr/portfelj/1120
|Research field key words:
Signal analysis and processing
Most important publications:
1. V. Sucic, N. Saulig, and B. Boashash, “Signal Complexity Estimation Using Time-Frequency Short-Term Entropy,” in B. Boashash, ed., Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing: A Comprehensive Review, 2nd ed., Academic Press, ISBN 9780123984999, 2016, ch.7.7, pp.430-438.
2. V. Sucic, J. Lerga, L. Rankine, and B. Boashash, “Components Extraction from TFDs for Multicomponent Signals IF Estimation,” in B. Boashash, ed., Time-Frequency Signal Analysis and Processing: A Comprehensive Review, 2nd ed., Academic Press, ISBN 9780123984999, 2016, ch.10.6, pp.611-619.
3. V. Sucic, N. Saulig, and B. Boashash, “Analysis of Local Time-Frequency Entropy Features for Nonstationary Signal Components Time Supports Detection,” Digital Signal Processing, vol.34, no.11, pp.56-66, 2014.
4. V. Sucic, J. Lerga, and M. Vrankic, “Adaptive Filter Support Selection for Signal Denoising Based on the Improved ICI Rule,” Digital Signal Processing, vol.23, no.1, pp.65-74, 2013.
5. B. Boashash and V. Sucic, “Resolution Measure Criteria for the Objective Assessment of the Performance of Quadratic Time-Frequency Distributions,” IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol.51, no.5, pp.1253-1263, 2003.
Leadership of scientific projects:
1. “Optimisation and Design of Time-Frequency Distributions” (069-0362214-1575), Ministry of Science of Croatia, 2006 – 2013
2. “Signal Time-Frequency Analysis and Its Applications”, Croatian-Montenegrian joint research project, Ministry of Science of Croatia and Ministry of Science of Montenegro, 2011 – 2013
• Vice-president of The Croatian Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Scientific Board, 2013 – 2017
• Member of The Croatian Centre of Research Excellence for Data Science and Advanced Cooperative Systems, 2015 –
• Guest-Editor of The IET Signal Processing, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, vol.8, no.3, May 2014
• Reviewer for Digital Signal Processing, Signal Processing, The IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, …
• Member of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 1999 –
The Australian Postgraduate Award, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia, 1999 – 2003