|Tomašić, Ivan, Prof. PhD.
Department for Mining and Metallurgy,
Emeritus of the Academy (admitted 2009)
B.Sc. Geological Engineering (1971), M.Sc. Geological Engineering (1978), Ph.D. Geological Engineering (1986), all from the Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, Pierottijeva 6, 10002 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 5535804, fax: +385 1 4836057
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgSecretary of the HATZ Department of Mining and Metallurgy (2013 – 2017)
Deputy-Secretary of the HATZ Department of Mining and Metallurgy (2009 – 2013)
Physical-mechanical and Other Properties of Natural Stone and Aggregates. Ageing of Natural Stone and Aggregates in Different Conditions. Mineral Raw Materials. Exploration of quantity and Quality of Mineral Raw Materials Particularly Natural Stone and Aggregates. Economic Geology
1. Tomašić, I. (2008): Sea salts as a most damaging factor of stone construction. Second International Congress Dimension Stones (Dimension Stones: XXI Century Challenges-Proceedings of the Second International Congress), Rabozzi, C; Vivoli, M. G. (eds). Pisa: Pacini Editore, 299-304.
2. Tomašić, I., Lukić, D., Peček, N., & Kršinić, A(2009): Importance of Testing Capillary Water Absorption of stone. Klesarstvo i graditeljstvo. 3-4; 17-27, Split.
3. Kršinić, A. & Tomašić, I. (2009): Influence of Pigments and Admixtures on the Colour Quality and Decorative Qualities of the natural stone. Klesarstvo i graditeljstvo. 1-2, 77-86. Split
4. Tomašić, I., Kršinić, A., Radić, S. & Vlahović, M. (2009): Istražno bušenje u svrhu vrednovanja ležišta prirodnog kamena. Klesarstvo i graditeljstvo. 1-2, 66-76.
5. Tomašić,I. & Kršinić, A. (2010): Geological Approach to Rock Mass Stability and Feasibility During the Exploitation and Excavation in Hard Rock Masses. 4th Croatian geological congress with international participation – Book of abstracts. Horvat, M. (ur.). Zagreb: Croatian geological institute, 178-179.
6. Tomašić, I. & Kršinić, A. (2011): Some Important Facts for Estimation of Natural Stone Deposits During the Exploitation. World of Marmomacchine. International Multimedia Yearbook. Milano: Promorama publisher, 46-53.
7. Tomašić, I., Lukić, D., Peček, N. & Kršinić, A. (2011): Dynamics of capillary water absorption in natural stone. Bulletin of engineering geology and the environment – Springer 70, 4, 673-680.
8. Tomašić, I. & Daniel, P. (2012): Croatia’s decorative natural stone. 2nd International conference “Harmony of nature and spirituality in stone”, 179-184, Kragujevac.
9. Tomašić, I. & Tisanić-Vidović, Z. (2013): Potential of Medium to More fractured Natural Stone Deposits. Kay Engineering Materials, Vol. 548, pp 39-47, Trans Tech Publications.
10. Maričić, A. & Tomašić, I.(2013): Properties and Durability of Benkovac Platy Stone. 14th Euroseminar on Microscopy Applied to Building Materials, 10-14 June HelsingØr, Denmark.
Selected scientific projects:
1. Structural-Petrograpfic and Technical-Technological Stone Features; no 1-09-242, Leader: IvanTomašić; Founding Source: Ministry of Technology and Informatics (1991-1996).
2. Magmatism and Mineral Deposits of the Dinaric Karst Area: 195-195 3068-3206, Founding Source: Croatian Ministry of Science and Technology, (as colaborator). Leader: Vesnica Garašić.
3. Dinaric karst: geological evolution, mineral resources, paleosoils and soils; no. 195-1953068-2704, Founding Source: Croatian Ministry of Science and Technology. (as colaborator). Leader: Goran Durn.
4. Sedimentary and volcanic rocks, ore deposits and mineral resources in the Dinarids; A001*SP 13, (as colaborator). Founding Source: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports. Leader: Dunja Aljinović.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Member of IAEG (International Association of Engineering Geology),
Member of Croatian Geological Society.
Member of Society of Croatian Mining Engineers
President of scientific Symposium (1994): Natural or Architectural Stone from Deposit to In- building. Faculty of Mining – Geology and Petroleum Engineering, University of Zagreb, Zagreb.