|Šercer, Mladen, Prof. PhD.
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture,
Member of the Academy (admitted 1998)
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1977), M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1984), Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (1989), all from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval
Architecture, Ivana Lučića 5, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 6168191, fax: +385 1 6156940,
Secretary of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture of the Academy (2013 – 2017)
Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Polymer Processing, Injection Moulding Process Control, Troubleshooting in Injection Moulding, Polymer Recycling and Waste Management, Production of Rubber Parts and Appropriate Moulds
1. Raos, Pero; Tonković, Zlatko; Šercer, Mladen: Analysis and Prediction of Remaining Life Time of Damaged Polyethylene Gas Pipes, KGK. Kautschuk, Gummi, Kunststoffe, 64 (2011), 6; 33-39.
2. Šercer, Mladen; Raos, Pero; Rujnic-Sokele, Maja: Thermal Properties of Bio- and Synthetic-Based PUR Foams, International Journal of Material Forming, 3 (2010), Suppl. 1; 535–538.
3. Pilipović, Ana; Raos, Pero; Šercer, Mladen: Experimental analysis of properties of materials for rapid prototyping, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 40 (2009), 1-2; 105-115.
4. Godec, Damir; Šercer, Mladen; Rujnić-Sokele, Maja: Influence of hybrid mould on moulded parts properties, Rapid Prototyping Journal, 14 (2008), 2; 95-101.
5. Šercer, Mladen; Raos, Pero; Pilipović, Ana: Experimental Analysis of Properties of Materials for Rapid Prototyping, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 20. 12. 2007., Publisher Springer London, ISSN0268-3768 (Print) 1433-3015 (Online), DOI10.1007/s00170-007-1310-7.
1. Raos, Pero; Šercer, Mladen: Theoretical Basis of Production of Polymeric Products, Slavonski Brod/Zagreb: Mechanical Faculty in Slavonski Brod (University in Osijek), 2010.
2. Šercer, Mladen; Križan, Božidar; Basan, Robert: Polymer Products Design, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (University of Zagreb) & Faculty of Engineering (University of Rijeka), 2009.
3. Šercer, Mladen; Opsenica, Dane; Barić, Gordana: Recycling of Plastics and Rubber, mtg-topgraf, Zagreb, 2000.
4. Šercer, Mladen: Production of Rubber Products, Zagreb: Society of Plastics and Rubber Engineers, 1999.
Selected scientific projects:
1. M. Šercer and others: Eureka E! 3611, Development of Biopolymers from Waste Wood Biomass (Biopur) 2006-2009. (Principal researcher for the Croatian part)
2. M. Šercer and others: Increasing Efficiency in Polymeric Product and Processing Development, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports in the Republic of Croatia, Zagreb, 2007-2013. (Main Researcher)
3. M. Šercer and others: Knowledge Based Process planning and Design for Additive Layer Manufacturing (KARMA), GAN 243631, Seventh Framework Programme of the European Union (FP7), PET-EKO Ltd.,Zagreb, 2010-2013. (Principal researcher for the Croatian part)
4. M. Šercer and others: Marine Debris Removal and Preventing Further Litter Entry (MarineClean), CIP Eco-Innovation, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports in the Republic of Croatia, Zagreb, 2010- (Principal researcher for the Croatian part)
5. M. Šercer and others: Additive Technologies for SMEs, ADTecSME (IPA III c), Ministry of Science, Education and Sports in the Republic of Croatia, Zagreb, 2013- (Main Researcher)
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Member of the Scientific Council for Technological Development of Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Member of the Scientific Council for Oil of Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Editor-in-Chief: Journal Polymers (Polimeri) (2003-2005.)
Director: Center of Technology Transfer Ltd., Zagreb, 2010-.
Zajec, Željko; Kefelja, Zoran; Šercer,Mladen: One-Part Case for Digital Records Carriers with Possibility of Connexion with Cases of the Same Type, PCT patent WO 2004/097833 A1, 11.11.2004.