|Kovačević Zelić, Biljana, Prof. PhD.
Department of Mining and Metallurgy,
Associate of the Academy (admitted 2009)
B.Sc. mining engineering (1988), M.Sc. mining engineering (1994), Ph.D. mining engineering (2000), all from the Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum
Engineering, Pierottijeva 6, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 5535879, fax: +385 1 4836053
Secretary of the HATZ Department of Mining and Metallurgy (2017 – 2021)
Member of the HATZ Committee for International Co-operation (2013 – 2017) (2017 – 2021)
Geotechnical engineering, Soil mechanics, Environmental geotechnics
1. Domitrović, D.; Kovačević Zelić, B. (2013): The relationship between swelling and shear strength properties of bentonites. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Delage, P.; Desrues, J.; Frank, R.; Puech, A.; Schlosser, F. (Eds.), Paris, France, 219-222.
2. Veinović, Ž.; Kovačević Zelić, B.; Končić, A. (2012): The Role of Underground Research Laboratories within National Repository Development Programmes. Proceedings of the Colloquium on Using Underground Space in Urban Areas in South-East Europe – UNDER CITY, Kolić, D. (Ed.), Dubrovnik, Croatia, 473-481.
3. Kavur, B.; Vrkljan, I.; Kovačević Zelić, B. (2011): Analysis of hydraulic properties of unsaturated expansive soil. Građevinar, 2011, No. 3, p. 245-253.
4. Kovačević Zelić, B.; Domitrović, D..; Kovačić, D.; Matešić, L.; Veličković, B. (2006): Behavior of GCL mineral component treated with site-specific liquid. Proceedings of the XIIIth Danube-European Conference on Geotechnical Engineering, 29-31 May, 2006, Ljubljana, Slovenia, Logar, j.; Gaberc, A.; Majes; B. (Eds.), 281-286.
5. Kovačević Zelić, B.; Kovačić, D.; Matešić, L., Veličković, B. (2006): Quality Acceptance Testing of GCLs for Landfill Application.Proceedings of the ISSMGE 5th International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics: Opportunities, Challenges and Responsibilities for Environmental Geotechnics, H.R. Thomas (Ed.), London: Thomas Telford Ltd, 525-532.
Selected scientific projects:
1. MZOS Project no. 0195033: Possibilities of manufacturing and use of geosynthetic clay liners in Croatia, Principal investigator: B. Kovačević Zelić, 2002-2006.
2. MZOS Project no. 195-0831529-1847: Long-term performance of mineral barriers, Principal investigator: B. Kovačević Zelić, 2007-2013.
3. Improvement of teaching and research of unsaturated soil mechanics, Development fund of the University of Zagreb, Principal investigator: B. Kovačević Zelić, 2012-2013.
4. IAEA RER/9/103: Underground Research Facilities Network (URF), National coordinator: B. Kovačević Zelić, 2006-2013.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Dean, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petreoleum Engineering, University of Zagreb, 2009.-2013.
Vice-Dean for Education, Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petreoleum Engineering, University of Zagreb, 2005.-2009.
Co-editor of The Mining-Geologica-Petroleum Engineering Bulletin, 2002.-2005.
Member of the Organising committee: Third Mid-European Clay Conference MECC’06, Opatija, Hrvatska, 2006.
Member of the Scientific committee: 1st International Mining Symposium – Exploration, exploitation and processing of solid raw materials, MINING’2006, Dubrovnik, Hrvatska, 2006.