|Janović, Zvonimir, Prof. PhD. (retired)
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Emeritus of the Academy (admitted 1994)
B.Sc. Chemical Engineering (1958), M.Sc. Chemical Engineering (1966), Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, all from the Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Savska cesta 16, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 4597125, fax: +385 1 4597142, +385 1 4597260,
Secretary of the Department of Chemical Engineering of the Academy (2005 – 2009)
Chemical Engineering, Petrochemistry, Polymer Materials, Petrochemical Processes and Products, Polymerization Processes, High Performance Polymeric Materials, Rheologycal Modifiers
1. Z. Janović, Lj. Tomašek, Copolymerization and copolymers of 2,4,5-tribromo
styrene with methylacrylate and methylmethacrylate, Journal of Macromplecular Science, Pure & Applied Chemistry 33 (1997) 2471-2481.
2. Z. Janović, Trends in polymeric materials, Annual 2000 of the Croatian Academy of Engineering 1 (2000) 7-20.
3. A. Jukić, M. Rogošić, Z. Janović, Optimization of alkyl methacrylates terpolymer
properties as lubricating oil rheology modifier, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 46 (2007) 3321-3327.
4. Z. Janović, A. Jukić, E. Vidović, Viscosity behavior of maleic anhydride and long-
Chain alkyl methacrylates copolymers in mineral oil solution, Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils 45 (4) (2009) 267-275.
5. I. Šoljić, A. Jukić, Z. Janović, Terpolymerization kinetics of N,N-dimethylamino ethylmethacrylate / alkyl methacrylate / styrene systems, Polymer Engineering and Science 50 (3) ( 2010) 577-584.
6. University textbook: Polymerization and Polymers ( on Croatian language, 513 pp.)
Croatian Sociaty of Chemical Engineers, Zagreb, 1997.
7. University textbook: Petroleum and Petrochemical Processes and Products ( on Croatian language, 518 pp.), Croatian Sociaty for Fuels and Lubricants, Zagreb, First Ed., 2005; Second Ed., 2011.
8. Patent: Z. Janović, J. Kučišec-Dolenc, M. Kopić, Preparation of Vinyl Copolymers
on the base of acrylonitrile, butadiene and styrene (ABS) with controlled impact
strenght, Pat. HRP930713 A A3, 1996.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Development of Lubricating oil Viscosity improvers“ 1993-2003, INA- MazivaInc., Zagreb.
Functional monomers and polymers “ 1991-1996, Ministry of Science Republic of Croatia.
Functional monomers and polymers – Rheology modifiers “ 1966 – 2002, Ministry of Science Republic of Croatia.
Processes of controlled radical polymerization “, 2002-2005, Ministry of Science Republic of Croatia.
Polymeric Rheology Modifiers “ /Technological project ), 2002-2004, Ministry of Science Republic of Croatia.
President of Croatian Sociaty of Chemical Engineers, 1993 – 1995
Awards and honours:
Life award “Power of Knowledge“, Croatian Academy of Engineering, 2006