|Butković, Mirko, Prof. PhD.
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture
Emeritus of the Academy (admitted 1994)
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1961), M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1971), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb, M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1973), Sever Institute, Washington University, St. Louis, USA,
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (1976), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb,
Polytechnic of Karlovac, Ivana Meštrovića 10, 47000 Karlovac,
tel: +385 47 843500, fax: +385 47 843579,
e-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Engineering, Technical Mechanics, Mechanical Vibrations, Strength of Materials, Mechanical Integrity of Machines, Machine Dynamics, Power Engineering
1. Butković, Mirko; Orčić, Branislav: A new quasi-dynamic method of determining the impact of the earthquake on the mechanical structure. / / Strojarstvo. 42 (2000), 1-2, 5-14 (scientific article).
2. Butković, Mirko Orčić, Branislav; Tevčić, Marina; Jokić, Marko: Dimensioning machine structure for earthquake resistance in the design stage / / International Design Conference – DESIGN 2006th
3.Butković, Mirko Orčić, Branislav; Tevčić, Marina: Consideration of safety factors for cyclic stressed machine parts calculated with FE method – A case study / / International Design Conference – DESIGN 2004 / Marjanović, Dorian (ed.).
4. Dubrovnik: FSB, The Design Society, 2004th 1205-1212 (lecture, international peer-review, published, scientific).
5. Braut, Sanjin; Žigulić, Roberto; Butković, Mirko: Numerical and experimental analysis of a shaft bow influence on a rotor to stator contact dynamics. / / Strojniški vestnik. 54 (2008), 10, 693-706 (scientific article).
6. Butković, Mirko; Orčić, Branislav; Tevčić, Marina: Contribution to the design, strength and leakage bolted flanges with additional thermal loads. / / Strojarstvo: Journal of Theory and Application in Mechanical Engineering. 46 (2004), (1-3), 57-66 (scientific article).
7. Co-author of the book Dynamics-Theory and Applications, Faculty of Rijeka, 2001.
Selected scientific projects:
1. 2-08-212 Revitalization of power machinery and equipment, Energy Institute ENIN Karlovac, 1991-1995.
2. 2-06-049 Vibration of systems with high static stresses, Faculty of Engineering Rijeka, 1991-1995.
3. 069013 Mechanical safety of machines, Faculty of Engineering, Rijeka, 1996-2002.
4. 0069016 Nonlinear Dynamics of Rotating Machines, Faculty of Engineering, Rijeka, 2002-2006.
5. 248-0691736-1821 Optimization of design parameters for extension of machine life, Polytechnic of Karlovac, 2007-2010.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Rector of the Polytechnic of Karlovac 1997-2005
Member of Croatian Parliament 1993 – 1997
Invited lecturer at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of mechanical engineering, 2000
Awards and honours:
Order of Croatian Danica, figure of Ruđer Bošković, 2006.