|Bogunović, Nikola, Prof. PhD.
Department of Information Systems
Emeritus of the Academy (admitted 2002)
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (1967), M.Sc. Electrical Engineering (1971), Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (1984) all from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Unska 3, 10000 Zagreb
tel: +385 1 6129721, fax: +385 1 6129653,
e-mail: Nikola.Bigunovic@fer.hr , firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson of the Committee for Awards (2005 – 2009)
Secretary of the Department of Information Systems (2005 – 2009)
Artificial Intelligence, Formal Methods in the Design of Computing Systems, Knowledge Elicitation from Data, Intelligent Computer Based Systems, Formal Models of Complex Systems, Process Modeling
1. Horvat, Marko; Bogunović, Nikola; Ćosić, Krešimir. STIMONT: A core ontology for multimedia stimuli description. // Multimedia tools and applications. 11042 (2013).
2. Jović, Alan; Bogunović, Nikola. Evaluating and Comparing Performance of Feature Combinations of Heart Rate Variability Measures for Cardiac Rhythm Classification. // Biomedical Signal Processing and Control. 7 (2012) , 3; 245-255.
3. Jović, Alan; Bogunović, Nikola. Electrocardiogram analysis using a combination of statistical, geometric, and nonlinear heart rate variability features. // Artificial intelligence in medicine. 51 (2011) , 3; 175-186.
4. Jagnjić, Željko; Bogunović, Nikola; Pižeta, Ivanka; Jović, Franjo. Time series classification based on qualitative space fragmentation. // Advanced Engineering Informatics. 23 (2009) , 1; 116-129.
5. Štajduhar, Ivan; Dalbelo Bašić, Bojana; Bogunović, Nikola. Impact of censoring on learning Bayesian networks in survival modelling. // Artificial intelligence in medicine. 47 (2009) , 3; 199-217.
Selected scientific projects:
1. Automated knowledge discovery and reasoning, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, 2002-2006, MZOS-0098023.
2. Process modeling by intelligent computing systems, Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, 1996-2001, MZOS 09805.
3. Customer profile discovery and modeling, Croatian Insurance Co., 2008-2009.
Activity and work of common professional meaning:
Croatian Science Foundation, Member of the Committee for Technical Sciences. 2013-2015
International ICT Convention MIPRO, Computers in technical systems, chair, 2008-2012
IEEE TC: Engineering of Computer Based Systems, member of the Program Committee, 2000 – onwards
National Science Council and Agency for Science and Higher Education, member of the Master Council for Electrotechnics and Computing, 2005 – 2009
Awards and honours:
Golden Medal “Josip Lončar”, University of Zagreb Faculty of electrical engineering and computing, 2009.